Let’s keep our garbage/recycle can collectors safe! Please consider purchasing a tipper garbage and /or recycle cart for $71.69 each (includes tax and personally delivered) by calling 386.517.2000, Option 1. These tough, stable and durable carts will last for years and help our Sanitation Department. Let’s advocate for better health and safety by purchasing a closed lidded can today.
The gray cart is for recycling, and the brown cart is for garbage. The Sanitation Department still offers small blue recycle bins at no cost.
Recycling Pick Up Schedule
- South of Highway 100 (Moody Boulevard) including the area south of Snack Jack - Wednesday
- North of Highway 100 (Moody Boulevard), west of Intracoastal Waterway, and the golf course area - Thursday
Change in Recycling
As of January 11, 2010, the recycling bins are no longer supplied by the county. If you are in need of a recycling bin, please call sanitation at 517-2000 x 239.
- Bins are available for free by calling (386) 517-2000 x 239 to arrange delivery.
- All recyclables can be mixed together in the same bin.
- Bins should be road side by 7 AM the morning of your pick-up.
- Bins should be within 6 feet of the road.
Recycling is mandatory in Flagler Beach. We ask for your help. Please recycle the following materials:
- Steel, tin and aluminum cans (empty and rinsed)
- Glass (any types)
- Cardboard (also clean pizza boxes)
- Magazines, phone books, newspapers
- Phone books
- Plastic with a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 on the bottom
- Paper and shredded paper (bagged so it is contained)
- Foam Rubber
- Styrofoam / Bubble wrap
- Hardcover Books (can remove covers and recycle inside pages)
- Light plastics (like cellophane)
- Paper towels, Tissues
**Plastic bags are NOT recyclable. Please take them to your neighborhood grocery store**
View the sanitation flyer for more information.
For questions or concerns, please send an email to Sanitation or call 386-517-2000 x 239.